Terms and Conditions
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
The term 'Dog Walker Dorchester' or 'I' or 'my' or 'us' or 'we' or 'our' refers to the owner of the website whose contact details can be found on the website Contact Page. The term 'you' or 'your' refers to the user of our services or user or viewer of our website.
- Acceptance of my services is deemed agreement to my terms and conditions and an agreement to pay my fees on time.
- I will collect and walk the dog for the time agreed, on the agreed days from the customer's address, unless otherwise advised. Pick up times can and do vary depending on weather and other factors and it may be necessary to change the walk your dog goes on at short notice.
- You will supply suitable collars or harnesses and leads (a muzzle if necessary, to stop him eating things he shouldn't) for the dog and any coats or other accessories you wish to be used. Please leave towel for rub down after walk.
- I reserve the right to walk other dogs at the same time, but the total number of dogs walked with one person at one time will not exceed (4).
- The customer will ensure that access is given to me to collect the dog from the agreed address at the agreed times, or give me a key to the place where the dog is kept. I will use the key to collect and return the dog and for no other purpose and will keep it safe, not let anyone else have it , not copy it and will return it to the customer on demand.
- Access to your property must be straight forward, i.e. gates need to be easy to open and keys open doors easily. If I'm unable to enter your property to collect your dog after making reasonable efforts to do so, you will be charged for the walk.
- I will keep the dog(s) on a lead whenever out of the house (unless I have your signed consent), I will take care as far as possible that your dog is not a nuisance or danger to any one, its self or any other animal. However, I cannot be held responsible for any loss, accident, injury or death caused to any animal whilst in my care.
- It is the owner's sole responsibility where a dog flap is fitted, to ensure the garden and its fences are secure. It's not my responsibility to check before leaving your dog following a walk.
- My fee for walking your dog, is payable upon collection of the dog from your home.
- I will supply plastic bags and use them to remove the dog(s) faeces, and ensuring your dog(s) do not foul any public or private place
- At least 48hrs notice must be given, in order to cancel the walking service, otherwise you will be charged the dog walking fee.
- You will advise me fully of any characteristics of the Dog, which need to be known to handle and care for him.
- I will inform you of any incident or anything which I notice about the Dog, which I think you ought to know.
- I reserve the right to stop walking a dog if it is aggressive to me or other dogs.
- I reserve the right to deny or terminate service because of safety concerns or non-payment.
- I will not be liable for any damage or injury caused by your dog excepting that of proven Third Party. We can't be held liable for any theft or damage to your property or injury/illness to your dog unless I'm shown to be negligent.
- I will give 24hrs notice if I can't walk your dog. Unless a family emergency, but I will try to walk your dog.
- I will not walk dog(s) during thunderstorms or extreme heat but will let your dog out to relieve himself and keep him company
- Extreme weather conditions may mean a curtailment or cancellation of our services at short notice,(I will keep your pet comfortable, if I can get there).
- I hold insurance in respect of public liability, care custody control extension (liability to animals) & loss of keys.
- You confirm that your dogs' immunisations, flea and worm treatments are up to date.
- I recommend that your dog be insured against sickness, accident or injury and for third party liability. You agree that if your dog attacks, or is involved in fight with anther dog(and/or person) causing injury to that dog(or person), you will be responsible for any losses incurred as a result including, but not limited to, payment of veterinary fees in respect of injury to another animal caused by your dog.
- You will provide me with contact details of your Vet and in case of emergency authorise me to refer the dog to the named Vet (or in emergency any other) for advice or treatment at your expense. You will pay any costs or expenses mentioned in 22 or 23 on request.
- I cannot walk ill dogs or dogs known to have an infection even on a one to one basis, due to the risk of cross infection. Kennel cough due to the incubation period its always possible for your dog to pick this up, I strongly advise you discuss kennel cough vaccination with your vet.
- I will not feed dogs, 2hrs before a walk or 30 mins after a walk, because of the risk of gastric torsion to your dog.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Dog Walker Dorchester is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer needs
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our services.
We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please use the details on the Contact Page to make a request.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.